"Recalls" means that if an checked-out item is reserved by another user, an e-mail recall notice will be sent to you reminding you to return it before the "Recall date due". After it being returned to the library, the book can be borrowed by users who have reserved it.
The rules of recall notice are as follows:
1. If an checked-out item is reserved by another user, the loan period will be shortened to 14 days. When one loan period is over, the book will be recalled according to the reservation request (even if you have renewed it).
2. When one loan period is over, you have 10 more days to return the reserved items. If you do not return it during this time, the recall is deemed overdue.
3. For overdue recalled items, the overdue fines will be￥0.2 per item per day and if the book exceeds the loan period simultaneously, the system will no longer generate additional overdue fee.
4. If three or more than three overdue books in your name are overdue recalled in your loan list, your borrowing privilege will be temporarily blocked until you return them.
1. E-mail notification service. Users who have a "PKU ID@pku.edu.cn" e-mail address or a registered personal e-mail address in the library the system will receive the recall message sent by system. Users can login the library homepage to add personal e-mail address in the library system by "change mailbox".
2. Loan status. If there is a specific date in the "Recall date due"(催还到期日期) of your checking-out list, it means that the book is being recalled, and you should return it before the "Recall date due"(催还到期日期).