1、Reservation for checked-out books
Even when all duplications of the book you need have been lent out, you can also reserve it online. You will be notified by e-mail and SMS when your transferred item is returned to the library. It will be available for you to pick up at the Loan Desk for 4 days. If the book was reserved by more than one users, it will be lent by orders of time. If the book you have borrowed has been reserved by another user, renewals will not be approved.
2、Reservation for books in shelves(including Closed Stacks, Changping Depository Library, the Second Depository Library).
If the book you need is located in the “Closed Stacks”, you can submit a “reservation on-shelf” request. Librarians will check the request list twice on a daily basis, and retrieve the book you need.
（2）Changping Depository Library
For books located on “Changping Depository Library”, users can reserve it online or by writing a specified call list at the library General Reference Desk in Sunny Lobby. Librarians will retrieve the book from Changping Depository Library to the central library on every Monday & Tuesday.
（3）Second Depository Library
Most collections of the Second Depository Library are Japanese and Russian books. If the book you need is located in “The Second Depository Library”, you can send a reservation request online or by writing a specified call list at library General Reference Desk in Sunny Lobby. On weekdays, librarians will check the requests list once a day, and retrieve the items you need.
All reserved books will be available for you to pick up in the central library Loan Desk for 4 days. The reservation method for Hanvon e-readers is the same as the above. It will be held for 3 workdays for users.
"Recalls" means that if an checked-out item is reserved by another user, an e-mail recall notice will be sent to you reminding you to return it before the "Recall date due". After it being returned to the library, the book can be borrowed by users who have reserved it.
The rules of recall notice are as follows:
1. If an checked-out item is reserved by another user, the loan period will be shortened to 14 days. When one loan period is over, the book will be recalled according to the reservation request (even if you have renewed it).
2. When one loan period is over, you have 10 more days to return the reserved items. If you do not return it during this time, the recall is deemed overdue.
3. For overdue recalled items, the overdue fines will be￥0.2 per item per day and if the book exceeds the loan period simultaneously, the system will no longer generate additional overdue fee.
4. If three or more than three overdue books in your name are overdue recalled in your loan list, your borrowing privilege will be temporarily blocked until you return them.
1. E-mail notification service. Users who have a "PKU ID@pku.edu.cn" e-mail address or a registered personal e-mail address in the library the system will receive the recall message sent by system. Users can login the library homepage to add personal e-mail address in the library system by "change mailbox".
2. Loan status. If there is a specific date in the "Recall date due"(催还到期日期) of your checking-out list, it means that the book is being recalled, and you should return it before the "Recall date due"(催还到期日期).