- Please visit the Borrowing Rules page for details about borrowing rules and privileges.
- Materials from following locations can be check out: the 2-4F Chinese open stacks, the closed-stacks, the open-stacks for literatures, the Course Reserves, all patrons’ holds requests and some branch libraries.
- How to borrow materials:
- There are five self-checkout kiosks in our library where you can checkout books as long as you have your ID card. All books from open-stacks can be checkout at the self-checkout kiosks.
- Patron may go to the circulation desk at the entrance of closed-stacks to checkout materials with the book request strips. Patron may also place on-shelf hold for all books from the closed-stacks.
- For course reserves, patron may go directly to the course reserve reading room to checkout and return the materials. All the materials there can be circulated only 24 hours.
- About holds: patron may go to the book returning area to check the hold materials out with the library ID.
- Any questions during borrowing materials, please contact library staff for help.
- As long as no other library patron needs, the checkout books can be renewed five times.
- You are welcome to return most books at the self-returning kiosk located at the south of the sunny lobby.
- All course reserves must returned at the Room 201, the Course Reserve Reading Room.
- Books have been hold for patron cannot return at the self-returning kiosk but return to the book returning area where staff will handle them.
Recalling Library Materials
Patron can recall an item, which creates a request requiring the current borrower to return the item within 10 days. To initiate a recall, click on the “Place Hold” link through the item record in OPAC.
All regular loan materials are subject to recall at any time. Recall notifications are sent to patrons’ email address on record.